New participation rankings will be released on December 15.
When the eighth graders learned that their class leads the way in parent participation in the campus expansion campaign—Forward. Together.—they initiated a challenge to one another to retain the top spot when new participation rankings are released on December 15.
As of mid-November, less than ten percent of the WCS community at-large had donated a record $6.4 million toward the $7.6 million needed to complete the critical first phase of the master campus expansion plan. But things are about to change.
Last week, WCS received the results of October’s Big Give—the 26-hour giving rally sponsored by The Columbus Foundation—and we’re encouraged by the number of first-time gifts to WCS and the campaign. That trend continues with the ALL IN FOR WC: 31 Day Challenge in which those who have not yet supported the effort are challenged to make a gift by December 31.
Breaking ground on a new high school in the summer of 2018 is in our sights. We’re closing in on the goal, and more importantly, saying “yes” to 120 more students for whom we currently have no room. Together we’ll also accomplish these objectives:
- Increasing annual revenue (via enrollment growth) and (1) improving teacher compensation and professional development; (2) expanding course offerings, and (3) boosting our competitive position to recruit and retain the best faculty and staff.
- Retiring the middle school modular buildings. (Completed August 2017)
- Modernizing school security.
- Expanding the library and media centers.
- Creating vocal and instrumental practice spaces.
- Creating classrooms for science-specific laboratories.
- Adding art suites and other art instruction areas.
- Upgrading classroom technology.
We have a remarkable history that began in 1973 because 13 visionaries shouldered the responsibility for funding and building the school that four decades of families have enjoyed. It’s our turn to pave the way for the next generations. Will you go ALL IN FOR WC by committing $20 per month for the next 12 months? Perhaps you can give more, or maybe $20 per month is a stretch. Do what you can because when we are ALL IN FOR WC, there is no stopping us from building a new high school to equip generations of Warriors for Christ.