Founded in 1973, Worthington Christian Schools (WCS) is Central Ohio’s leader in Christian education offering a rigorous, college preparatory K–12 academic program.
Worthington Christian Schools develops the mind of Christ in students through rigorous intellectual, creative, and physical pursuits.
Worthington Christian Schools will pursue excellence in teaching and learning out of love for God and the world He has made. Our students will develop a curiosity about creation, cultivate a love for truth, beauty, and great ideas, and exhibit wisdom that reveals God’s kingdom.
ACCREDITATION AND AFFILIATIONS
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and AdvancED (formerly North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement) accredits Worthington Christian Schools. The Ohio Department of Education recognizes WCS as a chartered K-12 school. WCS is a member of the Ohio High School Athletic Association and competes in the Ohio Division of the Mid-State League.
WCS FAST FACTS
- Evangelical, Multidenominational
- 125 Churches Represented within Our Student Body
- 51% Boys; 49% Girls
- Average Class Size
- WCHS 22
- WCMS 25
- WCES 20
- Followers of Jesus Christ
- 74 Faculty
- 38 Received or Pursuing Advanced Degrees
- 99% of Graduates Attend College
- Senior Class Averages $4.8 Million in Renewable College Scholarships
- Mean ACT Score is 26
- Six Advanced Placement (AP) Offerings
- Four Theatre Productions Each Year
- Strings, Band, and Fine Arts Programs
- Numerous Boys and Girls Sports Beginning in Seventh Grade
- Four State Championship Teams; Numerous Individual State Champions
- 2,400 Graduates
- Class of 1977 was WCS’ First Graduating Class
- Nine Alumni Children in the Class of 2016; Many More Enrolled
- 19 Alumni Serve on WCS’ Faculty and Staff
- $1,000,000+ Awarded Annually to Qualified Families
- 2016-2017 Tuition