Ten reasons families choose WC.
Often as parents are considering joining the Worthington Christian Schools (WC) community, we are asked, “Why choose WC over all of the other options available?” So we asked our families and students why they chose to become a part of all that WC has to offer. Here are their top ten responses:
- WC follows foundational principles of instruction and curriculum that flow from a biblical worldview, recognizing that a student’s academic growth is a vital component of his Christian discipleship.
- WC implements a rigorous kindergarten to 12-grade academic program which ranges from enrichment and intervention programs at the elementary level to Advanced Placement classes and internship opportunities at the high school level.
- WC hires and retains highly qualified and recognized faculty members who are committed to the development of the whole child.
- WC continues to nurture an award-winning fine and performing arts program that engages our students’ talents.
- WC has a growing interscholastic athletic program in middle and high school that foster teamwork, leadership, and servanthood.
- WC hosts weekly chapels that provide a time of focused discipleship and communal worship.
- WC utilizes an outstanding web-based academic management tool that provides real-time information for parents and students on their academic progress and status.
- WC provides opportunities for community involvement and ministry that are an important component of the school calendar.
- WC maintains a small enough environment so that teachers know their students and students develop lifelong friendships but large enough to provide a wide variety of student programs.
- WC forges partnerships with parents based upon a shared Christian vision for the growth of their children.