Introduced in August 2016, the WCS app is the primary source for the latest announcements, news, events, and more for parents and students. The app is free to download onto your smartphone or tablet.
Downloading the App
Downloading the app to your smartphone or tablet is the first order of business.
- Go to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android) on your smartphone or tablet.
- Search Worthington Christian Schools.
- Download the app
- ALLOW notifications.
- ALLOW location while using the app.
- NOTE: Both of these settings can be altered at any point by going to your phone/tablet’s settings and clicking on the WCS app.
Setting Up Your Profile
Now that the app is on your phone or tablet, it’s time to set up your Profile for full access to the app and its’ features.
- Open the app by clicking on the tile. After seeing the WCS logo, the app will open to All-School News.
- Click the three bars in the upper left-hand corner. This is the app’s Menu.
- Click Profile near the bottom of the menu.
- Enter a name, email, and password.
- Next, click Push Notifications. From this screen, click the wheel in the upper right-hand corner. Here you will see a list of topics about which you will receive notifications. By default, all topics are turned on as indicated by the green dot. To unsubscribe to push notifications on any subject, turn off by clicking the green dot and then click Save. Please note that topics may be added throughout the school year.
- Optional Feature: You may add a picture, location, description, and link to your personal social media accounts but these features are not required.
IMPORTANT: Setting up a profile is needed to customize the push notifications you receive. Unless you disallow notifications in your phone or tablet’s setting, you will receive all notifications. Also, without a profile, you cannot view a history of notifications.
Exploring the App
Take time to explore the WCS app. There are many helpful features. Near the bottom of the app menu, you’ll find App Feedback & Helpful Tips. Here you’ll find information on topics of interest to many busy families. More topics will be added so check back often or make sure to subscribe to this news feed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the WCS app in the App Store or Google Play?
Search Worthington Christian Schools.
Should I use my home or work email address when setting up my profile?
Your choice. No one will see it but you.
I forgot my Profile password and requested a new one but never received it.
Check your junk or spam folder.
I got logged out of the app. How do I log back in?
Input the email address and password you used when setting up your profile.
I tried to unsubscribe to certain topics, but I got an error message.
Go to your phone or tablet’s settings (not the app settings) and make sure push notifications are enabled.
I like the push notifications but don’t like the sound associated with it.
You’re in control of how you are notified. Find the WCS app in your phone or tablet’s settings (not the app settings) to customize your experience. You can also learn more by reading the article on customizing push notifications found under App Feedback & Helpful Tips on the app.
I’m getting way too many push notifications. How do I make them stop?
Read the article on customizing push notifications found under App Feedback & Helpful Tips on the app.
Should I log out after I am done using the app?
There is no need to log in and out of the app. In fact, we recommend you stay logged in to keep your push notification history current. Occasionally you may find you are automatically logged out. This typically occurs when there are app updates.
Can I get driving directions to school events?
Yes. The app interfaces with the navigation source you’ve selected on your phone such as Google Maps, MapQuest, etc. After finding the sporting event or other school activity of interest on the app calendar, follow these steps:
1. Click the event to expand the view.
2. Click Read More.
3. Click the map one time and then click the magnifying glass in the lower right-hand corner.
4. Your phone’s navigation will open, and you should follow the usual steps you use to get driving
I get push notifications, but when I open the app, I’m not sure what the notification was about.
Push notification history is found by clicking Push Notifications in your Profile. If you don’t have a profile or aren’t logged in you cannot see the history