By Rick Kelley, WC Director of Human Resources and Transportation
The safety of our students is always at the forefront of our minds, especially before and after school when there is so much car and bus activity around our campuses. We need everyone’s help to ensure our students are able to safely walk to or from our schools, whether in the parking lot or exiting a bus.
Recently, there have been numerous reports at the WCMS campus of cars parking in or driving through the bus and fire lanes and students running through the bus lane and between cars.
It is critical that all parents and students follow these important safety tips:
- All drivers should enter/exit using the Lazelle Road entrances
- Upon entering the parking lot, respect the 5 mph speed limit
- Vehicles are not permitted in the bus lane between 8:00-8:30 a.m. and 3:00-4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Dropping off/picking up in the fire lane is prohibited between 8-8:30 a.m. and 3:00-4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Walk your elementary student to/from the shuttle bus
- All students must use crosswalks located in front of the main and gymnasium entrances and walk to cars located in the parking lot
- Athletes needing to access the CAVE should utilize the Worthington-Galena entrance (please do not cut through the parking lot by the Early Childhood Center)
We greatly appreciate everyone’s help in keeping our students safe.