A MAN OF SERVICE
WC celebrates Troy McIntosh’s 27 years of teaching and leading
Troy McIntosh began his tenure at WC 27 years ago as a second-grade teacher. After a few short-but-sweet years in the classroom, he joined WC’s administration. For the last eight years, he has served as the Head of School. In January of 2021, McIntosh announced that he has accepted a position as the Executive Director of the Ohio Christian Education Network and will move into that new role this summer. We thank God for and celebrate the years of service and the lives impacted through McIntosh’s teaching and leading over the last three decades.
McIntosh has been an incredible leader for WC during a time of exceptional transformation, challenge, and growth. He has overseen significant and numerous advancements including:
- The construction of a new Upper School, renovation of what is now the Lower School buildings, and the sale of the former Westview Elementary School;
- Partnership with WC school and community leaders to help fund construction, renovation, and furnishing of new facilities;
- Upgrades in technology for the benefit of all students and faculty;
- Use of digital and social media tools to highlight school, student, and faculty performance and provide guidance to parents and the larger central Ohio community;
- Increased funding and support for faculty and staff development and compensation;
- Creation of a five-year strategic plan and facilities vision;
- Continued recognition of exceptional student outcomes with honors such as our selection as a National Blue Ribbon School;
- High levels of performance and awards in WC’s music, arts, and athletic programs;
- And, of course, leadership through an unparalleled period during a global pandemic.
As a result of these accomplishments, WC has a bright future ahead. Enjoy the following tribute video of McIntosh as he reflects on his time at WC along with a special message from WC’s Board of Directors president John Barron.
Reflect | Connect
If you have a story, memory, tribute, or a word of thanks to share about or with Troy McIntosh, please take a moment to do so on this tribute page.
A drop-in reception honoring Troy McIntosh (and retirees Dr. Buzz Inboden, Upper School Principal, and Beth Heisey, Upper School Art teacher) will be held on Sunday, May 2, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Founders Plaza. All are welcome; plan to wear a mask and practice physical distancing.