A MATTER OF PRINCIPAL WITH TAMMI EVANS
February 3, 2020
Happy Sunny Monday WCMS Students and Families,
From time to time, I need to remind our students of the expectations we hold at the middle school and how their student ownership is being developed throughout these foundational years. Lately, I have overheard students saying a statement like “I am confused, but I don’t want to ask for help because I don’t want to look like a fool to the rest of my class.” Today during the morning announcements, I reminded the students to “be that wise student and seek the clarity to understand. DON’T be a foolish student just hoping someone else can read your mind and ask “your” question.” By asking questions until clarity is achieved, our wise students will gain knowledge, confidence, and true ownership of one’s education. As we partner together, encourage your child to ask questions. Ask lots of questions. As adults, we recognize that this will serve them extremely well in their adult life.
Congratulations to our Patriot Pen Finalists! A couple of weeks ago, our VFW friends came to chapel to present the Patriot Pen Awards to the following students for their outstanding writings. Enjoy reading the work of our 1st through 3rd place winners by clicking on the links.
Honorable Mention: Caroline Dean, Caleb Rider, Isabel Oberbrunner
1st Place Winner – Caleb Van Dop: C Van Dop Patriots Pen 19-20 Essay.pdf
2nd Place Winner – Samuel Blank: S Blank Patriots Pen 19-20 Essay.pdf
3rd Place Winner – Joshua Tagoe: J Tagoe Patriots Pen 19-20 Essay.pdf
The month of February is upon us and with it comes some “lovely” events that will melt your hearts:
Thursday, February 6 – Class trip payments for 6th and 7th are due.
- Thank you for making your payment in a timely manner. This is super helpful so we are able to make our payments to the vendors.
- 7th grade class trip chaperones are still needed for May 6-8! We still need 2 female chaperones and 3 male chaperones. Reach out to Mr. Storey at email@example.com if you are able to be part of the fun-filled and memorable experience as a chaperone.
Saturday, February 8 – First Annual Christian Middle School Band Festival
- Entertainment provided by WCMS, Tree of Life, Polaris Christian, & Delaware Christian band students
- Worthington Christian Church, 8145 High Street at 3PM
Tuesday, February 11– Strings Festival Concert for grades 5-12
- Grace Ministry Center, Grace Polaris Church at 7pm
Thursday, February 13 – An enjoyable and impactful evening with Forbes publisher and author Rich Karlgaard shares how and when we achieve our full potential?and why today’s focus on early success is so misguided, and even harmful.
- We still have seats available for the 7 p.m. community parent seminar. Tickets are $10 each and can be ordered here.
- Door open at 6PM.
- AC Auditorium, 6675 Worthington Galena Road, Worthington
Looking forward to seeing you in the coming weeks at our “love-filled” events! It is truly a blessing to be partnering with you through these middle school years.