GRADES 6-8 WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS
- We still need 2 male chaperones for the 7th grade class trip. Please email James Storey if interested.
- The Great Coin Race that benefits the senior trip to the Dominican Republic starts this Friday, Feb 28 and will run through Friday, March 6. They will take this cash with them and purchase needed supplies as they service the impoverished people of this country. Each homeroom will be given a bucket to collect the coins. Any (and all) homerooms that meet the goal will receive an out of uniform day.
- MS play practice on Feb 26-28/ March 2-3 from 3:15-5:00pm in choir room.
- Help needed in the MS cafeteria on WEDNESDAYS ! Please email Kathy Kramer or call 614-410-4243.
- Would you like to go to France in the summer of 2021? Please email Rhonda Hearon.
- Would you like to go to Costa Rica in the summer of 2021? Please email Kayley Mikulec.
- Freshman Scheduling Information Night for current 8th grade students is on Tuesday, March 3 at 6:00pm at the AC Auditorium. Student should attend along with at least one parent.
March’s chapel theme will be JOY
MS play practice on March 4 and 6 at AC Auditorium 3:30-5:30pm – students ride shuttle bus to HS.
MS play practice on March 5 at AC 3:30-5:00pm- students ride the shuttle bus to HS-shortened practice time due to Band ExtravaBANDza concert starting at 7:00pm.
Band ExtravaBANDza –Thursday, March 5 at 7:00pm-concert attire is required.
- Boys – khaki school pants, White oxford shirt, tie
- Girls – plaid school skirt, White oxford shirt, navy tights
- Students will need to arrive at 5:45pm for rehearsal
“In One Basket” is a collection of short fairy tales and fables that will be our MS play performance on March 6 and 7 at the AC Auditorium @ 7:00pm. Admission is $3 per person.
6th graders go to Biztown– Tuesday, March 10
ALL 8th grade girls are invited to Big Sis/Little Sis event at the HS on Friday, March 13 at 3:30pm. Watch email for a personal invite!
Six Judges are needed for the 8th grade Rube Goldberg presentations on Wednesday, March 18 from 12:45-2:45pm. If interested in judging, please email Mrs. Gilliland.
SPRING BREAK-NO SCHOOL- March 23-27
Upper and Lower School Open House for current WC families- Tuesday, March 31 -6:00-8:00pm
Pop Tab collection to benefit the Ronald McDonald House pull off those pop can tabs and collect as many as you can!
6th grade class trip to Space Camp will be a total cost of $250 (May 6-8)
- Due October 4- $62.50 (non-refundable deposit)
- Due November 1- $62.50
- Due February 7- $62.50
- Due March 6– $62.50
7th grade class trip to Freedom and Fun in Cincinnati will be a total cost of $225 (May 6-8)
- Due October 4- $75 (non-refundable deposit)
- Due November 1- $50
- Due February 7- $50
- Due March 6– $50
- Lunch payments
- do not send payment into school with your student-all payments need to be made online through your RenWeb HOME app /FACTS account
- If you need assistance in making payments on your FACTS account, please email Tammy Kelley
- Visitors to WCMS: All visitors, including parents, must sign in with the office upon arrival. This must be done before visiting any classrooms or performing any tasks on campus. At the time of check-in, the visitor will receive a visitor’s sticker to wear while on campus denoting their purpose. All visitors must enter through the MS office entrance by the flagpole.