MENTAL HEALTH MONDAY: WHOLENESS
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
We are busy restructuring and I imagine, it is hard so I want to cast a vision and a goal, so we do not get discouraged. Our goal for this process is to achieve wholeness. Restructuring our belief system is challenging work. We need to identify the broken pieces, greatest obstacles and be willing to see our weaknesses. This is tough stuff.
Let us shift our focus and ask the question, what do you believe? Take a few minutes and jot down the answer to this question and include the positive and negative beliefs. Here is a helpful reminder of God’s promises as you do the hard work:
10 Promises to Hold in Hard Times by Kathryn Shirey
- God Loves You: Matt. 11:28-30
- Trust in God’s Plan for Your Life: Prov. 3:5-6
- Do Not Be Afraid: Isaiah 41:10-13
- Do Not Worry: Matt. 6:25-34
- This is God’s Fight, Not Yours: 2 Chron. 2-:15-17
- God Will Strengthen You: Isaiah 40:29-31
- This is Only A Season: Ecc. 3:1-8
- God Makes Beauty from Your Ashes: Isaiah 61:1-3
- Believe in God’s Great Power: Matt. 19:26
- Pray! Be Filled with God’s Peace: Phil: 4:4-7
We must create the right atmosphere to do the work. Use the truth of God’s Word as your guide and push the “stinkin thinkin” aside so you can focus on what you know.
“May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13: 20-21
We have access to wholeness through Jesus. He wants us to bring our thoughts to Him and He wants to give us freedom. I pray you are finding Him is this process, bringing things to Him that hold you back and allowing Him to break the chains that have weighed you down. He has great things for you!
Speak confidentially with Nancy Secrest, licensed counselor, by contacting her at 614-410-4306 or sending her an email.