College Prep Resources
Being informed may be your greatest advantage.
- College Answer – Hosted by Sallie Mae, this site provides information to help in the selection process of a college or university, addressing the areas of preparing, selecting, applying, paying, deciding and financing.
- College Board – Provides tools and information to guide students and parents through the experience of preparing for and choosing a college.
- MatchCollege.com– Database of over 6,500 colleges, university, and trade school profiles highlighting housing, financial aid, tuition, admissions, athletics, current events and more. Schools can be filtered by state, city, and type of degrees offered.
- OnlineCollegeFair – Hosted by the NACAC (National Association for College Admissions Counseling), this online college fair allows students and parents to chat live with over 200 college admissions representatives. Each college/university hosts their booth/chat room, some complete with photo galleries, virtual tours, and campus cameras. Fairs are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Each fair has two sessions: from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST and 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm EST. (Visit the website for specific schedule information.)
- The Princeton Review – Search for and apply online to any of over 600 colleges in this database, with the ability to research hundreds of majors, their requirements, possible jobs, and salaries.
- US News College Rankings – Get exclusive rankings of 1,600 schools and use the tools to search for your perfect fit.
- Fastweb! – Paying for school just got easier – and now with college search capabilities too!
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – By completing this online form, students and parents can get results 7-14 days faster, have access to online help and edit answers immediately.
- Sallie Mae – Get answers to your financial aid questions along with help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), information on scholarships, grants and loans and more.
- College Scholarships
- No Essay College Scholarships
- United Negro College Fund
- Scholarship America