LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
1 Timothy 4:12 (NASB)
Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe..
- LS Andante, Allegro & Presto Strings Spring concert: Tuesday, April 13, 7:00 pm at the Grace Polaris Worship Center (8225 Worthington-Galena Road, connected to the Upper School Campus). Enter the north Worship Center doors. *To follow COVID distancing protocols, seating is limited to 4 invited guests per student. Contact Director Renee Johnson for full details.
- Needing before and/or after-school care for the 2021-22 school year? * A limited number of spaces are still available* Find information HERE on Care Options and Fee Schedules. Contact Susan Sewall with additional questions.
- Immediate NEED: Sanitizing wipes! Please consider donating an additional container or 2 of cleaning wipes so the Lower School can finish this amazing year healthy, in-person, and limit additional pesky germs. Original supplies are running low, especially in the 5th grade. Drop donations to the offices. Thank you!
- No School: April 30, 2021 Celebrate spring!
- WC Spring CHOIR Concert: Thursday, May 6, 6:45 pm, 3 Sessions. – ALL WC choirs will be sharing an evening of music at the Grace Polaris Worship Center (8225 Worthington-Galena Road, connected to the Upper School Campus) The 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade groups will perform in a First session at 6:45 p.m. The Second session, at 8:00, will feature the Upper School choirs and ensembles. (The auditorium will be cleared between sessions.) With COVID protocols, seating is limited however the concerts will be live-streamed. Contact Julie Vandervliet for more details.
- WC Spring BAND & ORCHESTRA Concert: Thursday, May 13, 6:00 pm at the Grace Polaris Worship Center (8225 Worthington-Galena Road, connected to the Upper School Campus). The concert will consist of three sessions, include ALL the various WC band and orchestra groups, with 6th grade band beginning the First session (6:00-7:00). The Prelude Orchestra (Grades 6-8) will perform during the Second session (7:00-8:00). Upper School Band and Orchestra will finish Third session from 8:00-9:00. While attendance is limited, the concert will be live-streamed. Additional details email Band Director Tim Miner or Strings Director Renee Johnson.
- Praying Parents: Did you know a group of parents meet monthly on campus to specifically pray for WC, the Lower School staff, and our students? Would you like to join in lifting up the WC community to our heavenly Father? The remaining upcoming dates are April 12, and May 10. For more information, contact Jackie Diedrich at 614-439-2991.
- The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240.
- The Upper School main office line is 614-431-8210.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- Worthington Christian Text Alert: Follow this LINK to subscribe. This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays.
- 2020-21 Lower School Academic Calendar
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Special Absence Form– use this form when your student will be out for a planned absence
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- Dads, moms, grandparents – we know life is busy. But could you take the opportunity to pray?
- Battle Plan Letter
- Pray Where You Are: Sign up to pray one day a month, from wherever you are. Let’s cover the school in prayer every single day. Sign up here for YOUR personal day: LS sign up genius for warrior prayer and print your Battle Plan here: printable Battle Plan
- Pray on Campus: 2nd Monday of the month, after drop off. Parent-led hour of targeted prayer for the Lower School. Text Jackie for current meeting place & questions, 614-439-2991
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.
- The Online Learning Handbook contains detailed information regarding the use of Teams, as well as specific grade and class time schedules. Click HERE to access the Handbook.