LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
- “I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 9:1
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 23-27. Schools/Offices are closed. Be safe. Be thankful. Be a blessing. Be back on November 30.
- iPads, and chargers and cords, oh my: Reminder…ALL pieces of technology borrowed during a students’ extended absence or quarantine period need to be returned to school the day the student returns. The iPads are regularly used for classroom instruction and activities.
- Lower School 3-6 playground improvements: Much needed, much anticipated blacktop/asphalt surface is being installed behind the 3-6 building. Construction begins Friday, Nov 20. This surface will extend our outdoor recess play options, especially during wet-weather days.
- Upgraded Communication Systems – The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240. When contacting the office, please DIAL the number. However, if you receive a message from the school, and use the “Call Back” feature, the call is routed to the Upper School office [614-431-8210]. Please listen to the voicemail to know specifically who called you. To connect with the Lower School office, please dial 614-431-8240 directly to avoid some confusion.
- Shuttle Bus Riders – If your student is currently registered to ride any of the shuttle buses and you find you are no longer in need of the shuttle service would you please contact Suzanne Homoelle at the Lower School and let her know that you would be willing to give up your seat. We currently have a wait list for all of the shuttles and if you do not utilize the shuttles there are people that would appreciate having a seat for their student. Thank you.
- Dads, moms, grandparents – we know life is busy. But could you take the opportunity to pray?
- Battle Plan Letter
- Pray Where You Are: Sign up to pray one day a month, from wherever you are. Let’s cover the school in prayer every single day. Sign up here for YOUR personal day: LS sign up genius for warrior prayer and print your Battle Plan here: printable Battle Plan
- Pray on Campus: 2nd Monday of the month, after drop off. Parent led hour of targeted prayer for the Lower School. Text Jackie for current meeting place & questions, 614-439-2991
- Pop in, Pray up! EVERY Monday, after drop off and/or before pick up, spare 5 minutes to step on campus and pray. Unorganized, spontaneous but essential! Rain or shine, alone or with others, pray on K-2 side walkway on lawn.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- Special Absence Form– use this form when your student will be out for a planned absence
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- There is a Share the Wear donation bin located in the Grades 3-6 building lobby. You can drop off any items your child is no longer able to wear anytime during school hours. This is for drop off items only, please do not take items out of this bin.
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.