LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
Matthew 5:14,16 (NIV)You are the light of the world...let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. – Jesus
NO SCHOOL – Friday, October 22 – Fall Break
- Class Group and Individual Picture Retake Day – October 27 (3rd-6th) and October 28 (Kind- 2nd); Creative Moments will return to photograph any students who were absent and any student who purchased a package that would like their image retaken. *Any purchased package MUST be returned on retake day for the second photograph to be processed. Thank you. Use THIS order form for Class Group pictures. THIS form is for individual student photos.
- Report Card links email, Friday, October 29.
- Lost and Found UPDATE: Lost & Found will be cleared out Monday, October 25. There are currently over a DOZEN unclaimed WC fleeces in the K-2/3-6 lost and found. Parents, please check your WC gear to see if your family is missing a jacket? Any unclaimed Warrior gear will be donated.
- Parent Teacher Conferences: November 4 (4:00-8:00 pm) and November 5 (8:00 am- 12:00 noon). Full information and sign-up options will be communicated the week of October 25th.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive: collecting food items for the Grace Polaris Food Pantry, week of November 8-12. As a school, we aim to collect 2,021 items! Check this list for suggested most needed products. (Please be aware of expiration dates: items should be good until at least Feb, 2022.)
- Fall Music Concert: Save the Date – involving 6th/7th/8th grade Choir, Band and Orchestra/Strings. November 11; 7:00 pm. *Upper School Hogue Main Gymnasium. Full details to come from Directors Miner, Johnson, and Vandervliet.
- Sixth grade Space Camp Trip: May 4-6, 2022; Huntsville, AL. Parent Chaperone Applications are due November 1.
- Lower School Praying Parents: meeting the second Monday of every month in the K-2 Auditorium from 8:45 until 9:45. Join other parents us in praying for our children, teachers, staff, school families, and others involved with our school and its activities. (If you have younger children, feel free to bring them.) There is something very special about praying together with other believers!
- Warrior Prayer Initiative: The WC community values the blessing of prayer. It is our desire to see EVERY DAY covered in prayer for our students, faculty/staff, administration, events and opportunities. Dads, moms, grandparents – we know life is busy. But could you pray? No need to come to campus. Just pick a date and pray on that date from, home, work or on the road. We give you a scripture packed Battle Plan prayer guide as a resource in praying God’s heart for WC. Let’s join together in asking God for His power and protection over your student, their peers and the WC staff every single day of the school year. Sign up for your date to pray here. Download the Battle Plan or pick up a printed copy in the office.
- The Lower School day is 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. (Morning parent drop-off begins at 8:30.) Dismissal begins at 3:30 pm.
- The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240.
- The Upper School main office line is 614-431-8210.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- Worthington Christian Text Alert:
- 2021-22 ALL School Academic Calendar
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Special Absence Form– use this form when your student will be out for a planned absence
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.