LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
“You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.”
Fall Break Friday, September 30
- Stay and Play Grades K-6 Wednesday, October 5 at the K-2 playground from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Students in Grades K-6 will have MAP testing the weeks of October 3-7 and 10-14. Teachers will communicate more details closer to the testing dates.
- Shuttle Bus | The 8:05 shuttle bus is very full on Wednesdays due to students bringing instruments for strings. Please consider dropping your child off at 8:16 or 8:38 am to help with seating. Thank you!
- Friday, October 14 Homecoming/50th Anniversary Celebration at the Upper School Football Game. All students are invited to tailgate before the game and sing the Alma Mater on the field!
Class Picture/Picture Retakes | Grades 3-6 Tuesday, October 18 and Grades K-2 Wednesday, October 19.
October 21 | End of first quarter. Report Cards will be sent out Friday, October 28.
Dads and Donuts- Dads and Daughters | October 21. Dads and Sons | October 28.
Things to know
- Shuttle Bus Riders | If your child rides the shuttle to the Upper School, students MUST be picked up promptly. We do not provide supervision at the US for students riding the shuttle from the LS to the US. If you need childcare beyond 4pm, please sign up for our after-school program (SACC).
- The Lower School day is 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Morning parent drop-off begins at 8:30.) Dismissal begins at 3:30 pm.
- The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240.
- The Upper School main office line is 614-431-8210.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- WC Text Alerts: This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays. From your phone, text the word SUBSCRIBE to 888-665-2052. Save this number to your contacts as WC Text Alerts.