LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
Philippians 4:6-9 (NIV)
“Do no be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will GUARD your hearts and your minds in CHRIST JESUS. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things…and the PEACE of God will be with you.”
Welcome, 2021 !
The Lost and Found will SOON be cleared out. There are a few WC sweaters, fleeces, some snow boots, gloves and hats, and other miscellaneous items. Everything left unclaimed by Friday, January 22 will be donated.
- THANK YOU for taking care of the multitude of on-loan technology devices. IF you borrowed an Apple charger cube or cord, please return those items to your classroom teacher. WC is blessed to have individual technology devices available for student’s regular use for in-class instruction and activities, in addition to the connections available through working in Microsoft Teams. See below for the Online Learning Handbook for further information about using Teams.
- Share the Ware, Lower School Edition: An extra LS Share the Ware event will be held February 18, 2021 in the Upper School Auxiliary gym. Look for more details in the new year! **Please leave WC clothing donations in the Share the Ware bins located in the Lower school front entrance or Upper School main office.
- The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240. The Upper School office is 614-431-8210.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- The Online Learning Handbook contains detailed information regarding use of Teams, as well as specific grade and class time schedules. Click HERE to access the Handbook.
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Special Absence Form– use this form when your student will be out for a planned absence
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- Dads, moms, grandparents – we know life is busy. But could you take the opportunity to pray?
- Battle Plan Letter
- Pray Where You Are: Sign up to pray one day a month, from wherever you are. Let’s cover the school in prayer every single day. Sign up here for YOUR personal day: LS sign up genius for warrior prayer and print your Battle Plan here: printable Battle Plan
- Pray on Campus: 2nd Monday of the month, after drop off. Parent led hour of targeted prayer for the Lower School. Text Jackie for current meeting place & questions, 614-439-2991
- Pop in, Pray up! EVERY Monday, after drop off and/or before pick up, spare 5 minutes to step on campus and pray. Unorganized, spontaneous but essential! Rain or shine, alone or with others, pray on K-2 side walkway on lawn.
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.