LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
Summer To-Do List:
- Have LOADS of fun! Get outside, play tag, visit new places, READ, grill out, host a sleep over, run through the sprinkler, READ again, enjoy the sunset, go for a hike, READ more, ride your bike, learn to ride a bike, call your grandparents to say ‘Hi’ , attend church VBS, READ your Bible, eat popsicles, help weed the garden, help weed the NEIGHBORS garden, walk the dog (without being asked), clean your room (without being asked), discover a new park, READ…follow Jesus. See you all again very soon!
- Assignment: SUMMER READING for rising 6th graders – Grab a copy of New Kid by Jerry Craft (graphic novel – ISBN: 978-0062691194) for your assigned reading to be ready for 7th grade Language Arts. “Students will need to purchase or borrow used or new copies of summer reading book. Student should be able to bring a copy to class in the first few weeks of the school year (not an audio copy).” Students are permitted to use an audio version, as long as they are ALSO reading along at the same time.
- LS Back-to-School Supplies Kit Sale/LISTS: Celebrating the end of one school year also means anticipating and planning for the next. Back-to-school supplies often arrive in stores mid-July…but YOU could have all the back-to-school supplies you need, in one box, delivered to your doorstep! Grade specific supply KITS now available for online order. Also see the K-6th grade specific SUPPLY LISTS as well as this Visual Classroom List for K-1st. Ordering deadline: June 7.
- NIV Adventure BIBLE Sale: The MOST IMPORTANT item NOT included in the supply kits…especially for students in 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade, or others needing a copy for school use. See this FLYER for ordering details. Deadline: June 7.
- School Closet/School Days Back-to-School specials: Summer discounts on school uniform orders. The earlier you shop, the more you save. Find details HERE. School Closet strongly encourages you to SHOP EARLY… interruptions in manufacturing and production have caused delays in product availability. However, they are committed to working with families to provide exceptional customer service. Take advantage of layaway option and extended size-exchange timelines.
- SAVE the DATE: Friendship Girls and Warrior Boys Marmon Valley Weekend’s returning this FALL! This mother-daughter / father-son get away is a special memory maker! Registration coming soon: Any WC 1st-6th grader may sign-up for an evening/overnight of bonfires, barn fun, hayrides, horseback riding and more. Girls weekend is September 10-12; Boys weekend is September 17-19. Detailed flyers coming home in your child’s Monday folders.
- Share the Ware uniform sale event: August 5, 2021
- Lower School Open House – August 17, 5:00 – 7:30 pm
- First Day of 21-22 School year – “soft start” dates: August 19 for students’ last name A-J; August 20 for students’ last name K-Z.
- The Lower School main office line is 614-431-8240.
- The Upper School main office line is 614-431-8210.
- The Attendance Hotline is 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information.
- Worthington Christian Text Alert: Follow this LINK to subscribe. This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays.
- 2021-22 ALL School Academic Calendar
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Special Absence Form– use this form when your student will be out for a planned absence
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.
- The Online Learning Handbook contains detailed information regarding the use of Teams, as well as specific grade and class time schedules. Click HERE to access the Handbook.