LOWER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Lower School parents and students.
- Food Service – are you looking for are fun way to earn money with hours that meet the needs of your children? We currently have a position available on our Food Services team at the 3-6 building for Monday- Thursday . Job Description | Apply
- We also need volunteers for our K-2 food service on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays (especially Thursdays!)
- Got a little extra free time? We are looking for a volunteer to be our Box Tops Program Coordinator for the Lower School. Communication help will be given and many resource materials are available as well. If interested, please contact Suzanne (in the k-2 building office) or Susan (in the 3-6 building office).
- Picture re-take and make-up day will be on Wednesday, October 21. Class pictures have been postponed for February in hopes we won’t be wearing masks at that time.
- Dads, moms, grandparents – we know life is busy. But could you take the opportunity to pray?
- Battle Plan Letter
- Pray Where You Are: Sign up to pray one day a month, from wherever you are. Let’s cover the school in prayer every single day. Sign up here for YOUR personal day: LS sign up genius for warrior prayer and print your Battle Plan here: printable Battle Plan
- Pray on Campus: 2nd Monday of the month, after drop off. Parent led hour of targeted prayer for the Lower School. Text Jackie for current meeting place & questions, 614-439-2991
- Pop in, Pray up! EVERY Monday, after drop off and/or before pick up, spare 5 minutes to step on campus and pray. Unorganized, spontaneous but essential! Rain or shine, alone or with others, pray on K-2 side walkway on lawn.
- If you need to report your student absent or have an appointment schedule that requires a late drop off or early pickup, you can call and leave a message on the Attendance Hotline at 614-410-4343. There you will be prompted as to how to leave a message for a Lower School students.
- LOST but FOUND locations: both buildings have a lost and found section in the lobby area
- New Box Top Program Procedure: Box top App letter and information
- District Code for FACTS ParentsWeb Login: WCS-OH
- Prepay accounts, balances, and financial links. Randy Steckel, WC Finance Director, has created a quick refresher guide for returning and new families for navigating the WC FACTS Family Portal and the RenWeb Home app.
- There is a Share the Wear donation bin located in the Grades 3-6 building lobby. You can drop off any items your child is no longer able to wear anytime during school hours. This is for drop off items only, please do not take items out of this bin.
- Medical Authorization (Submit with any medication that you send to the school for your student.)
- Lower School Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures – A new era has started at WC with grades K-6 combining to form the Lower School and moving to a new location. A new location also means new student drop off and pick up procedures. Watch this brief video for instructions and safety procedures.
- Lower School Handbook -Whether you are new to WC or have been here a while, there are always questions that pop up especially with the beginning of a new school year. The Lower School handbook is a great place to start.