UPPER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Upper School parents and students.
- House Competition Day: Thursday, September 29. Wear your house shirt and jeans or sweatpants/joggers if you prefer. As a reminder, no shorts or yoga pants/leggings are permitted. (Only UNIFORM shorts are allowed.) This is not a normal “out of uniform day.” You must wear your house shirt!
- Fall Break – No School: Friday, September 30
- Ski Club: Interested in Ski Club? See the documents below for more information!
- Worthington Christian Ski Club
- Register for your Snow Trails Ski Club pass ASAP, as numbers are limited.
- Be sure to register for the bus as well if needed, as we only have 100 spots available.
- Pass Purchase Options
- Aspen Ski and Board Discounts Flyer
- Ski Club Promo Video
- If you have any questions, please contact David Stoll.
- Worthington Christian Ski Club
- MAP Testing: 7-8 grade will be taking their MAP testing October 3-7 and October 10-14. Please check your email for any communications regarding testing from Alicia O’Roark.
- DR OOU: Tuesday, October 4. Only those on the Dominican Republic support list can be out of uniform on this day. Please see the handbook regarding the OOU dress code rules.
- Picture Retake Day: Tuesday, October 4. Please remember this is a DR OOU day, but you must have a WC uniform shirt for your school picture!
- If you would like a retake… You MUST bring in the FULL uncut photo package PRIOR to being photographed, so you may receive a new replacement at no cost! If you forget to bring these in before you’re photographed, the full amount will be due for your retake.
- If you missed picture day… Completed order forms must be turned in with payment prior to being photographed. If you are not ordering any pictures, you must still fill out the photo order form and be photographed on picture retake day.
- Remember, you must have a uniform shirt for your picture! (No outerwear such as hoodies, jackets, pullovers, etc.)
- Fall Play: Tickets for our fall play, “But Why Bump Off Barnaby?”, will be available for purchase at the door for $7.
- PSAT/NMSQT: Wednesday, October 12. All juniors will be taking the PSAT/NMSQT. Students taking the rest should finish around noon. They may leave after testing is over or attend the rest of their classes for the day. If you have any questions, please contact Bill Holloway.
- Homecoming Carnival: Saturday, October 15. (This event is for 9-12 grade only.) Join us for a WC carnival! There will be food (pizza, french fries, corn dogs, funnel cake — yum!), carnival games, balloon art, rides, music, and more! Online ticket sales begin the week of October 3. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Raikes.
- Old logo: Effective October 24, 2022, the only uniforms and Warrior Wear permitted to be worn during school hours will be those with the new WC logo.
- Parking Passes: Parking passes are a required purchase for all students who drive to school and MUST be purchased each new school year. These can be purchased at the office for $10.
- WC Text Alerts: Please make sure you are subscribed to the WC text alerts this week. This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays. We recommend all WC families and students subscribe.
- From your phone, text the word SUBSCRIBE to 888-665-2052. Save this number to your contacts as WC Text Alerts. Please remember, you must subscribe to receive WC Text Alerts.
- Volunteer: Interested in volunteering in the lunch room? We’d love to have you on our team! Fill out an application today!
- Upper School Handbook
- WC Shuttle Schedule
- Morning Drop Off / Afternoon Pick Up
- Attendance Hotline: 614-410-4343. Leave a message regarding student absence, tardy, or early release information. After 9:30am, please call the office directly at 614-431-8210.
- Sick at School: If a student is sick at school, they must check in with the nurse before signing out to go home.
- Chapel Playlist: We made a Spotify playlist of our chapel songs for you to enjoy anytime, anywhere! Use the link or search for “Worthington Christian School Chapel” on Spotify.
- Lunch Purchases: To find the breakdown of food service purchases by student, log into Renweb, click on FACTS, then click on your food service balance, highlighted in blue, in the “Prepay Accounts” box.
- Work Permits: Students needing a work permit should complete the pre-application form and have their employer complete the bottom portion. Then, bring the form to the office to be filed online. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours for the office to complete the work permit filing process.
- Visitors to WC: All visitors, including parents, must sign in with the office upon arrival. Please enter through the School Entrance on the west side of the building.