UPPER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Upper School parents and students.
- Summer Reading: Be sure to check our Summer Reading List! You should have your book(s) read before the first day of school on Thursday, August 19.
- School Supplies: Below are our school supply lists for the 2021-22 school year.
- Upper School Orientation: All incoming 7th grade students, new students, and their parents should attend our Upper School Orientation at the Grace Polaris Church Worship Center on Thursday, August 12 from 6-7pm. After the orientation, everyone is welcome to walk around and tour our upper school building from 7-8pm. Returning parents and students are welcome to stop by during our open house as well!
- First Day of School: 7-9 grade students will start on Thursday, August 19. 10-12 grade students will start on Friday, August 20. The first combined day for all upper school students will be Monday, August 23.
- WC Text Alerts: Please make sure you are subscribed to the WC text alerts this week. This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays. We recommend all WC families and students subscribe.
- From your phone, text the word SUBSCRIBE to 888-665-2052. Save this number to your contacts as WC Text Alerts. Please remember, you must subscribe to receive WC Text Alerts.
- FinalForms: WC is using FinalForms for all forms that are typically turned in at the beginning of the school year (medical forms, handbook agreement, etc.). Be sure to log into your FinalForms account and make sure all forms have been completed. If you need any help, please contact our nurse, Lisa Cunningham.
- New Logo: This is our last school year to wear our old WC logo during school hours.
- Attendance Hotline: Call 614-410-4343 to report your absent or tardy student.
- Sick at School: If a student is sick at school, they must check in with the nurse before signing out to go home.
- Upper School Handbook
- Lunch Purchases: To find the breakdown of food service purchases by student, log into Renweb, click on FACTS, then click on your food service balance, highlighted in blue, in the “Prepay Accounts” box.
- Drop Off and Pick Up: We have new maps for morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Please also see our Before School Procedures for more information regarding our morning routine.
- Work Permits: Students can save time by completing the work permit forms and taking them to their potential employer to complete their portion. Then bring the forms to the upper school office for a work permit to be issued. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours for the office to complete the work permit.
- Parking Passes: Parking passes are required if a student drives himself to school. These can be purchased at the office for $10.
- Visitors to WC: All visitors, including parents, must sign in with the office upon arrival. Please enter through the School Entrance on the west side of the building.