UPPER SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Announcements and information for Upper School parents and students.
- Testing Week: During the week of April 12, 7-8 graders will take the MAP assessments and 9-10 (and some 11) graders will take the Terra Nova assessments. Please check your email from Alicia O’Roark regarding your specific testing info. Please note the arrival times below for this week:
- The Upper School will operate on a 2-hour delay schedule for the entire week, M-F.
- Students need to come to school at the normal time (8:25) when they are testing.
- When students are not scheduled to test on a particular day, classes will begin at 10:25 for those students.
- Students who are not testing are welcome to come early if needed. They can hang out in our commons area until 10:25.
- No School: We will be closed on Friday, April 30. Enjoy your long weekend!
- Gala: Our annual Gala event for our juniors and seniors will be on Saturday, May 1. Tickets will go on sale the week of April 19 (more information to come on purchasing tickets). Juniors and seniors, please see the email from Lisa Raikes regarding specific information on dress code and more.
- WC Text Alerts: Please make sure you are subscribed to the WC text alerts this week. This notification system is used to contact subscribers in the event of an emergency, power outages, and school closings and delays. We recommend all WC families and students subscribe.
- From your phone, text the word SUBSCRIBE to 888-665-2052. Save this number to your contacts as WC Text Alerts. Please remember, you must subscribe to receive WC Text Alerts.
- FinalForms: WC is using FinalForms for all forms that are typically turned in at the beginning of the school year (medical forms, handbook agreement, etc.). Be sure to log into your FinalForms account and make sure all forms have been completed. If you need any help, please contact our nurse, Lisa Cunningham.
- Attendance Hotline: Call 614-410-4343 to report your absent or tardy student.
- Sick at School: If a student is sick at school, they must check in with the nurse before signing out to go home.
- Upper School Handbook
- Lunch Purchases: To find the breakdown of food service purchases by student, log into Renweb, click on FACTS, then click on your food service balance, highlighted in blue, in the “Prepay Accounts” box.
- Drop Off and Pick Up: We have new maps for morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Please also see our Before School Procedures for more information regarding our morning routine.
- Work Permits: Students can save time by completing the work permit forms and taking them to their potential employer to complete their portion. Then bring the forms to the upper school office for a work permit to be issued. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours for the office to complete the work permit.
- Parking Passes: Parking passes are required if a student drives himself to school. These can be purchased at the office for $10.
- Visitors to WC: All visitors, including parents, must sign in with the office upon arrival. If you are coming to campus, you must wear a mask. If you are medically exempt, please bring a doctor’s note with you. To keep our school safe, we have to enforce this rule. Thank you for understanding!