A ‘Family’ Affair: All-School Tailgate Party
Your WC ‘family’ is throwing a party, and everyone is invited!
We are planning a big party, and you are invited. Don your red and gold and join us on Friday, October 13, beginning at 5 p.m. on the Upper School campus for a community-wide tailgate party featuring all the essentials: food, fellowship, football, and fun and games!
Every great tailgate starts with delicious food, and we’ve got the following food trucks lined up to feed your family:
- Fancy Feeding You serves homemade sandwiches, sides, salads, and soups.
- Texas Steele BBQ quenches your craving for Texas-style barbeque brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and more.
- Commander In Cheese offers traditional grilled cheese sandwiches and a gourmet-style experience your tastebuds will love.
- Crafted Cloud Cotton Candy spins organic and naturally sourced cotton candy that is irresistibly fluffy.
- Columbus Coffee Company brews everyone’s cold and hot fall coffees and lattes in addition to hot apple cider, hot chocolate, and shaved ice.
Join together with other families under the big tent where limited seating will be offered. Families are welcome to bring their own tailgate fare and folding chairs. (Remember, WC is an alcohol-free campus.)
Carpool lines and work schedules won’t stand in your way from meeting up with fellow parents at the All-School Tailgate Party. Connect with school leaders and teachers outside the classroom.
New to WC and want to connect with other parents? Stop by the welcome tent for introductions and to begin making connections.
At 7 p.m., the Warriors kickoff versus Grove City Christian School in their final home game of the season. Beforehand, we will recognize the seniors playing in their final season of football, cheerleading, boys and girls golf, boys and girls cross country, and the pep band.
Everyone must have a ticket to enter the stadium. Purchase your tickets in advance or at the gate.
- Adults $8 in advance and $10 at the gate
- Non-WC Children and Students $5
- WC Students, Faculty, Staff, and Athletic Passholders may enter at no cost.
- Concessions will open at 6:30 p.m. All proceeds benefit the Athletic Department.
Portajohns will be available outside the stadium for families not purchasing game tickets.
The Fun and Games
While you enjoy adult conversation, the kids can toss and tumble on a giant inflatable slide, obstacle course, bounce house, and pop-a-shot basketball.
Make plans now to join us on Friday, October 13. Come for the food and fun, stay for the fellowship and football. We can’t wait to see you.